Sunday, May 2, 2010

DART bus journey!

Today I took the DART bus for the first time. Not quite like Chicago with buses every 7-10 minutes. They come once an hour in places, so my trip has to be coordinated perfectly with the train. The buses also don't let you know what your next stop is like the buses in Chicago, making it extremely difficult to know where to get off. I let the bus driver know, but it wasn't his usual route. He didn't know where my stop was either. My goal was to go to the Galleria, but because I didn't want to find myself walking and walking forever once I got off the bus I went to the mall instead.

My bus driver happened to be the bus driver that picked me up to take me back to the train station. We talked on both trips. He was probably in his late 50s or 60s from San Antonio. He told me that back in the day he also always asked the girls if they needed rides. So it definately is a Texas thing to ask girls if they want rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment