Thursday, March 4, 2010

Back in January I went to a friend's going away party where I met one of her other friends. This friend said she used to be a recruiter for a travel nursing company and was talking about the wonderful benefits they received. This planted a seed in my head. As I began to plot out new goals for 2010 I had decided that I would do travel nursing once I had 2 years of nursing experience in September.

As time went on I began to feel more and more suffocated by my job. I questioned how I would make it through the summer going to that place 40 hours a week. I made becoming a personal trainer a goal, so that I could potentially do that through the summer. Ultimately that is my goal someday! To be a personal trainer and workout all day long! The Biggest Loser is my favorite show.

So on March 4th I began to fill out applications with travel companies online, and to start doing research on which company I would go with come time. I googled "travel nursing" and the first search result was travelnursing.com. One application is distributed to several companies by filling out an application on this website. I went to another website, and chose 15 different companies for my application to be sent. So this is the first day of the journey. I am backlogging entries so that everything is in chronological order as it has happened.

This blog will be for travel nurses who want to share travel nurse advice. For nurses who want to be a travel nurse and know more about it. For those interested in travel and want to see my travel experiences in and outside of the hospitals. I will not only be talking about nursing, but I will talk about each city as well.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever thought about a travel nursing agencies? I've been doing it for a while now and I love it! I couldn't ask for more. I get to see the world and help those in need. Its beyond perfect.

    ReplyDelete